Forums

The Woodburner :: Forums :: Pyrography Tips
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

How do I make fluffy clouds

Author Post
merv
Sun Jul 01 2012, 06:22PM
Registered Member #5087
I'm doing a burn of a airplane and I was wondering if anyone had a tutorial, or can give me some suggestions on how to make fluffy clouds. I tried google and I could not find anything on pyrography clouds. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
firewood
Fri Nov 02 2012, 06:14AM
Registered Member #4709
if you go to google, type in clouds then click on the images button at the top you will get a good idea from them.
Also if you scroll down to the left you can see other options such as line drawing and black and white, this gives more examples of them.
Some times just the outline shape and a few subtle curved lines can be very effective.
merv
Fri Nov 02 2012, 08:17AM
Registered Member #5087
Thanks firewood, that is a good idea, this helps a lot.

Cheers
Erik
Fri Nov 09 2012, 10:16PM
Registered Member #1601
Merv you will want to keep your burner temperature lowered in order to produce clouds that are fluffy or well blended. As the previous poster suggested studying cloud images and drawing techniques can help you to get a feeling for creating the general shape and volume/body of Cumulus clouds. Remember that clouds are about what you omit as much as the background that you fill in. I am not sure what sort of burner you are using, but regardless of the type (wire or point) you will want low temperatures to build a very steady and even layering of hues as you burn in the details.

Hope that this helps. I have some clouds visible among my Orcas in the Fjord burn, and of course many other artists here have excellent examples of clouds with which you can study and replicate their general techniques. Good luck with your project.

Cheers!
- Erik

[ Edited Fri Nov 09 2012, 10:17PM ]
Moderators: Administrator, Ralph

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF